Chickpea Noodle Soup
by Megan Murphy
Boo Boo’s Bakery
Active Cook Time:
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
1 Bag nonoPASTA™
2 tbsp olive oil 1 small onion, diced
4 medium/large carrots, finely chopped
3 celery ribs, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp turmeric, optional
8 cups vegetable broth
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup nutritional yeast, optional
juice of 1/2 a lemon, optional
1. In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil, onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
2. Add the oregano, salt, pepper and turmeric and mix.
3. Add the vegetable broth, cover and bring to a boil.
4. Add the pasta and chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
5. Stir in the nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
1. The soup will thicken as it cools. Simply reheat in the microwave or stovetop and add more water if needed to thin it out.
2. This recipe uses 8 oz of dry pasta.