Creamy Lemon Sauce
Active Cook Time:
1 nono Superfood Pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2″ pieces
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1 tsp salt, adjust to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
lemon juice and lemon zest, for garnish
Creamy Cashew Lemon Sauce:
3/4 cups cashews, raw
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Soak the cashews in boiling water for at least 20 minutes.
2. To a blender, add bowl containing the cashews and soaked water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and
garlic powder and blend until creamy. Set aside.
3. Place a large pan or pot over low heat and add olive oil and asparagus. Cook the asparagus for 18-20
minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook per box instructions. When there is 5 minutes left
on the pasta, add the frozen peas to the pot to cook.
5. When the pasta and peas are finished, drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, set aside
Add the pasta and peas to the pan with the asparagus.
6. Pour the sauce over the pasta along with the salt and black pepper. If needed, add some pasta water to
thin the sauce.
7. Garnish with lemon juice and zest, if desired. Serve!
This Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta with Asparagus and Peas is fresh yet indulgent. Featuring a creamy cashew lemon sauce, it’s perfect for spring and incredibly easy to make!
1. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for ~3 days. To reheat, add to a pan with some water and heat
through. Or, reheat in the microwave, adding a little bit of water to thin the sauce.