Vegan Alfredo Sauce
by Megan Murphy
Boo Boo’s Bakery
Active Cook Time:
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
2 bags nonoPASTA™ (16 oz)
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SAUCE:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 15 oz can of white beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cups plant milk
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower florets, white beans, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, dried
oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cover and bring to a boil. Then, uncover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add all the contents of the pot to a blender along with the soy milk and blend until creamy.
Cook the pasta according to box instructions. When there is 5 minutes left on the pasta, add the
broccoli florets to the boiling pot of pasta to cook. Once done, drain the pasta and broccoli.
5. Add the creamy cauliflower sauce to the pot of pasta and broccoli and mix through.
1. This recipe makes a big batch of the Creamy Cauliflower Sauce, so you will likely have some leftovers.
Make another dish of pasta or add it to a soup for a creamy element.
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.