Vegan Lentil Bolognese
by Megan Murphy
Boo Boo’s Bakery
Active Cook Time:
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
1 Bag nonoPASTA™
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small white/yellow onion, finely diced
2 medium carrots, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1/4 cup white mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup red lentils, rinsed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 1/2 cups water
14 oz jar marinara sauce
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, lentils, water, marinara sauce, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Stir frequently so the lentils don’t stick to
5. In another pot, bring water to a boil and add the pasta. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain.
6. Add pasta to a bowl and top with 1 cup of the Lntil Bolognese.
Hearty and wholesome, this Vegan Lentil Bolognese is packed with flavor and made with only 8 ingredients